We are Giggio Ltd, the providers of the Giggio service. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our sites at getgiggio.com and gigg.io you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (registration number ZA295661).
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live chat or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Giggio, and when you report any issues with Giggio. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and (if you work for a business) your job title and the name of your business. We will also process on your behalf (as your ‘data processor) personal data input by you into the calendar, contract and invoicing services comprised in the Giggio offering.
If you have arrived at our site via one of our affiliate marketing partners, we will also log that information, for the purposes of complying with our commission and reporting obligations to those partners.
If you’re unhappy with the idea of sharing the fact you visited our sites (and any other sites) with Google, you can install the official browser plugin for blocking Google Analytics here [https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout].
Facebook provides us with certain features and tools that we may add to our website to allow us to send data about actions that people take on our website to Facebook to track those who have visited our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to provide you with the Giggio service, and any information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you or the business you work for have already used or enquired about;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to Giggio. Otherwise, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
• to notify you about changes to Giggio;
• to ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
ï to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Our hosting partner, whose servers are in the European Union.
• Google, for the purposes of their providing analytics services.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Giggio Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Giggio Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Storing your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our hosting partner’s secure servers. Except to troubleshoot any issues which arise, neither we nor our hosting partner views your contract or invoice documents.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and geolocation) before it travels over the internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. If decide not to use Giggio any more or request that we have no further contact with you, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
What is the legal basis on which we rely to process personal information?
On some occasions, we may process personal information with consent (for example, when you agree to receive email updates about the service). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the email address below.
On other occasions, we may process personal information when we need to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, to process your invoices or contract documents) or where we are required to do this by law.
We also process your personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when we consider these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Those legitimate interests include using your information for the purposes of improving the Giggio service, which we aim to do in a way that works to your benefit and those of other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are in the European Union, data protection legislation gives you the following rights:
- to access information held about you;
- to require rectification or erasure of your information; and
- to object to as well as the right to our use of your data to carry out automated profiling in respect of you.
These rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details at the top of this policy.
If you make a complaint to us and think we have not dealt with it to your satisfaction, you may send your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at www.ico.org.uk.